The Foundation for Effective Governance, an independent public policy institution, was founded in 2007 to help improve people’s lives in Ukraine by driving its economic and social development. The fund offers practical help to the authorities in developing, promoting and implementing long-term national economic reform programs, and also organizes public discussions on important aspects of Ukraine’s development.
The FEG aims to raise awareness of its mission and vision, and increase public support of and participation in economic and social reform programs and development opportunities in Ukraine. Therefore, it is essential to emphasize the fund’s efforts and achievements both nationally and internationally, attract public and private sponsorships,increase public involvement and ultimately accelerate the necessary change.
TGSV developed a comprehensive program to establish the foundation’s credibility and reinforce the strategic importance of Ukraine’s economic success with the international mass media,in order to reach the key influencers and opinion leaders. The programs focused on achieving the greatest visibility for the FEG brand and the fund’s initiatives, as well as offering a deeper insight into the real Ukraine.
TGSV has effectively utilized its wide partnership network and personal relations with key members from elite political, business and scientific circles to achieve the FEG’s specific goals. In collaboration with The Hill publication, TGSV organized the VIP Breakfast in Washington near Capitol Hill to discuss the economic situation in Ukraine, the FEG’s economic reform programs and the findings of specific projects. This high profile exclusive event attracted 150 guests including important members of the United States Congress and Senate, heads of Washington Offices, government relations, federal affairs, association executives, leading U.S. entrepreneurs, key lobbyists, communication directors, public affairs, media strategists and heads of top NGO’s and think tanks.
The Event Summary
- Raise awareness of key economic issues affecting Ukraine today
- Summarize the role of the FEG and its partners in encouraging economic development in Ukraine
- Promote greater participation in dialogue between the United States and Ukraine
- Ukraine’s economic reforms and development agenda
Key Projects of the FEG:
- Assessment and analysis of Ukraine’s competitivenes
- Regional economic development project
- Series of public debates on economic and business topics in Ukraine
- Crisis Control Measures for the Ukrainian Economy
The VIP breakfast presented a unique opportunity to successfully position Ukraine as a key European ally, raise awareness about the foundation’s key objectives and gain credibility within Ukraine, the U.S. and the International community, for its initiatives.The event received wide media coverage and attained the desired brand exposure for the Foundation of Effective Governance. The Hill publication alone distributed the event-related material to its 40,000 high profile readers, which was also viewed by 3,167 850readers online.
- Amb. Oleh Shamshur, Ambassador of Ukraine to the United States
- Sen. Jack Reed, Senator from Rhodes Island
- Sen. Christopher Dodd, Senator from Connecticut
- Dr. Anders Aslund, Senior Fellow at the Peterson Institute for International Economics
- Dr. Paula Dobriansky, Former Under Secretary of State for Democracy and Global Affairs
- Kim Campbell, Former Prime Minister of Canada
- Natalia Izosimova, Managing Director at The Foundation of Effective Governance